Hanham, Frederick, 1806-1877, Natural illustrations of the British grasses , 1846
Natural illustrations of the British grasses / edited by Frederick Hanham, M.R.C.S.L. ...
- Additional Title(s):
Half-title: British grasses
- Bath : Binns and Goodwin ; London : Whittaker & Co. ; Edinburgh : Johnstone, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- , xx, 130 pages,  leaves of plates : grass specimens ; 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK495.G74 H36 1846+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each plate bears a dried specimen of grass affixed to the page; some specimens retain partial root systems.
Wakeman, G. Victorian book illustration, p. 65
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gold-tooled morocco. All grass specimens are intact.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1836.Botanical specimens -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Grasses -- Collection and preservation -- Great Britain.Grasses -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Grasses -- Great Britain.Johnstone -- Publisher.
- Botanical illustrations -- 1846.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.