George Baxter, master colour printer : oil-colour prints from the Donald and Barbara Cameron Collection.
- Additional Title(s):
Master colour printer
- [Edmonton, Alberta] : University of Alberta Libraries, [2016?]
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 22 cm
- Reference LibraryNE1860.B2 B78 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Curated and written by Merrill Distad.
Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Bruce Peel Special Collections Library from March to April 2015 and at the Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives from May 18, 2016 to August 19, 2016. All prints reproduced in this volume are owned by Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives.
Includes bibliographical references: page 18.
"This is a brief catalogue to accompany an exhibition in Bruce Peel Special Collections about the work of George Baxter. Baxter (1804-1867) was a pioneer in advancing the art of colour printing. Born in Lewes, East Sussex, and apprenticed to a wood engraver, a trade he pursed in London from 1825, he was a skilled artist who spent a decade experimenting with oil-based inks for colour printing, and received patent number 6916 (23 April 1836) for his "Improvements in producing coloured steel plate, copper plate, and other impressions.""-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Canada -- Exhibitions.Baxter, George, 1804-1867 -- Exhibitions.Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives -- Exhibitions.Cameron, Barbara (Art collector) -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Cameron, Donald (Art collector) -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Color prints, English -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives, George Baxter, master colour printer , [2016?]