George Baxter, master colour printer : oil-colour prints from the Donald and Barbara Cameron Collection.
- Additional Title(s):
Master colour printer
- [Edmonton, Alberta] : University of Alberta Libraries, [2016?]
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 22 cm
- Reference LibraryNE1860.B2 B78 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curated and written by Merrill Distad.
Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Bruce Peel Special Collections Library from March to April 2015 and at the Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives from May 18, 2016 to August 19, 2016. All prints reproduced in this volume are owned by Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives.
Includes bibliographical references: page 18.
"This is a brief catalogue to accompany an exhibition in Bruce Peel Special Collections about the work of George Baxter. Baxter (1804-1867) was a pioneer in advancing the art of colour printing. Born in Lewes, East Sussex, and apprenticed to a wood engraver, a trade he pursed in London from 1825, he was a skilled artist who spent a decade experimenting with oil-based inks for colour printing, and received patent number 6916 (23 April 1836) for his "Improvements in producing coloured steel plate, copper plate, and other impressions.""-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Canada -- Exhibitions.Baxter, George, 1804-1867 -- Exhibitions.Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives -- Exhibitions.Cameron, Barbara (Art collector) -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Cameron, Donald (Art collector) -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Color prints, English -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Bruce Peel Special Collections & Archives, George Baxter, master colour printer , [2016?]