In sacred memory of the officers, crew and passengers of the British Airship R. 101 which crashed in France on Sunday morning Oct. 5th 1930 : with a loss of 48 lives including Lord Thomson, Air Minister and Sir Sefton Brancker Air Vice Marshal.
- London : East London Printing Co., 1930.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded card : illustrations ; 70 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .I575 1930 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Folded memorial card for for the victims of the crash of British Airship R. 101. Black and silver borders on front and back. Image of airship and description of crash inside front fold. List of 'the men who died' on back.
"The Great Airship R101, which left Cardington at 7 p.m. on Saturday, for India, crashed on a hill near Beauvais, France, at 2.5 a.m. and 48 of those on board -- including Lord Thomson, Minister for Air, and Air Vice-Marshal Sir Sefton Brancker -- were burned to death."
- Subject Terms:
- Airships -- Accidents.Airships -- History.Death.East London Printing Co. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
YCBA Collections Search
In sacred memory of the officers, crew and passengers of the British Airship R. 101 which crashed in France on Sunday morning Oct. 5th 1930 , 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.