Shaw, Henry, 1800-1889, Dresses and decorations of the Middle Ages, 1843
Dresses and decorations of the Middle Ages.
- London, W. Pickering, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. illus. (part col.) 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT575 S5+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 40 A-B
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Most plates and illustrations designed and engraved by the author; a few engraved by the author after Albert Way, J. Johnson, P. Hawke, Martin Schongauer, Hollar, Andrea Mantegna, H.G. Lucas Van Leyden, Holbein, Janet, John Schoorel, Israel van Meekin, and Hemlinck.
BAC : "Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick."
BAC : Half-title, colored.
BAC : Initials.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- History -- Medieval, 500-1500.Decoration and ornament, Medieval.Middle Ages.