Shaw, Henry, 1800-1889, Dresses and decorations of the Middle Ages, 1843
Dresses and decorations of the Middle Ages.
- London, W. Pickering, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. illus. (part col.) 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT575 S5+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 40 A-B
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Most plates and illustrations designed and engraved by the author; a few engraved by the author after Albert Way, J. Johnson, P. Hawke, Martin Schongauer, Hollar, Andrea Mantegna, H.G. Lucas Van Leyden, Holbein, Janet, John Schoorel, Israel van Meekin, and Hemlinck.
BAC : "Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick."
BAC : Half-title, colored.
BAC : Initials.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- History -- Medieval, 500-1500.Decoration and ornament, Medieval.Middle Ages.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.