Touring Scotland : an entirely new map game, requiring skill and judgement.
- London : "Geographia" Ltd., [1951?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game ; game board 50 x 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199.G46 T68 1951 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Devised by P.H. Thorpe, F.R.G.S."--Instruction booklet.
Game pieces include: a game board; four lead cars of varying colors; 32 numbered cards, each naming a city or town in Scotland (along with a brief fact about the town); a die, and a shaker. "Each player has dealt to him two cards of each colour, making eight cards in all. Each player arranges his eight cards so as to form a journey or tour by the shortest route, starting and finishing at the same town."--Instruction booklet.
Title from label on an exterior of game board.
Undated. The populations given for Glasgow and Edinburgh are those of the 1951 census.
- Subject Terms:
- Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Scotland -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Maps.
- Board games.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.