Das Schloss zu Edinburg = Le chateau d'Edimbourg = The castle of Edinburgh.
- Additional Title(s):
Castle of Edinburgh
- [Germany] : [publisher not identified], [1835?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 peepshow (6 sheets) : hand-colored etchings ; 14 x 23 cm, 58 cm in depth (extended)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890.E4 C3 1835Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Date of publication from Hyde.
Hyde, R. Paper peepshows, cat. 104
Concertina-folding peepshow of Edinburgh Old Town, looking towards Edinburgh Castle, with five cut-out sections. Includes three peepholes, a large one in the center, and smaller holes on either side. The primary hole provides a view of Grassmarket. The peephole on the left shows an interior possibly depicting Trinity College Chapel. The peephole on the right depicts a ball.
- Subject Terms:
- Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Edinburgh Castle (Edinburgh, Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Grassmarket (Edinburgh, Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Peep shows -- Specimens.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.