Panorama of the sea.
- Glasgow : Published by James Watt, [approximately 1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (15 panels) : hand-colored wood engravings ; 13 x 150 cm, folded to 13 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8230 .P36 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green printed wrappers.
Pictorial title and 14 marine scenes.
- Subject Terms:
- Ocean travel.Ships.Ships.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- A calm
- A schooner
- A fishing smack
- A sloop
- Homeward bound
- A frigate
- Fingal's Cave
- Entering port
- Safe in harbour
- A brig
- War steamer
- Boy Drowning.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.