IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
[Die-cut and embossed chromolithographed scrap-sheet of ships of the Royal Navy], [ca. 1895]
[Die-cut and embossed chromolithographed scrap-sheet of ships of the Royal Navy].
- Additional Title(s):
- [England?] : Raphael Tuck & Sons, [ca. 1895]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1229 .D54 1895 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title supplied by cataloger.
"Printed in Germany."
"Gigantic Relief. No. 892."
Sample of small die-cut and relief chromolithographs produced to supply the Victorian public with items to decorate greeting cards and scrapbooks.
Consists of image of sailor from the Royal Navy surrounded by 10 ships.
BAC: British Art Center copy is uncut.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Decoration and ornament.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- In art.
- Die cutting.
Chromolithographs -- 1895.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.