IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
[Die-cut embossed chromolithgraph scrap-sheet of the Mounted Troopers of the 1st Lifeguards], [approximately 1890]
[Die-cut embossed chromolithgraph scrap-sheet of the Mounted Troopers of the 1st Lifeguards].
- [England?] : Raphael Tuck and Sons, [approximately 1890]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1229 .D544 1890 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Consists of images of the Mounted Troopers of the 1st Lifeguards.
"Printed in Germany."
"Gigantic Relief. No. 672."
Sample of small die-cut and relief chromolithographs produced to supply the Victorian public with items to decorate greeting cards and scrapbooks.
BAC: British Art Center copy is uncut.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Decoration and ornament.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Great Britain. Army -- First Life Guards.Great Britain. Army -- Uniforms.HorsesSoldiers.Uniforms.
- Die cutting.
Chromolithographs -- [approximately 1890]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.