WW2 : war pictures by British artists / edited by Sacha Llewellyn & Paul Liss.
- Additional Title(s):
WW II : war pictures by British artists
World War two : war pictures by British artists
- [London] : Liss Llewellyn Fine Art, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN8260 .W83 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "This catalogue is published on the occasion of the exhibition: WW2, War Pictures by British Artists held at the Morley College, London ... Friday 28 October-Wednesday 23 November 2016."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Morley College -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
- Preface / Paul Liss
- "The colour and the peculiar feeling of events": the War Artists' Advisory Committee, 1939-1945 / Brian Foss
- Catalogue / Paul Liss
- War at sea
- Production-- Soldiers
- Air raids
- Appendices: Artists whose work appeared in the 8 War pictures by British artists books
- The WAAC's artists / Brian Foss
- Morley College during the war / Elaine Andrews
- ICI: portraits of an industry, prestige advertisements / Margaret Bear.