WW2 , 2016
- WW2 : war pictures by British artists / edited by Sacha Llewellyn & Paul Liss.
- Alternate Title(s):
- WW II : war pictures by British artists
World War two : war pictures by British artists
- [London] : Liss Llewellyn Fine Art, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN8260 .W83 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This catalogue is published on the occasion of the exhibition: WW2, War Pictures by British Artists held at the Morley College, London ... Friday 28 October-Wednesday 23 November 2016."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface / Paul Liss -- "The colour and the peculiar feeling of events": the War Artists' Advisory Committee, 1939-1945 / Brian Foss -- Catalogue / Paul Liss -- War at sea -- Blitz -- R.A.F. -- Army -- Women -- Production-- Soldiers -- Air raids -- Appendices: Artists whose work appeared in the 8 War pictures by British artists books -- The WAAC's artists / Brian Foss -- Morley College during the war / Elaine Andrews -- ICI: portraits of an industry, prestige advertisements / Margaret Bear.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Morley College -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.