WW2 : war pictures by British artists / edited by Sacha Llewellyn & Paul Liss.
- Additional Title(s):
WW II : war pictures by British artists
World War two : war pictures by British artists
- [London] : Liss Llewellyn Fine Art, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN8260 .W83 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- "This catalogue is published on the occasion of the exhibition: WW2, War Pictures by British Artists held at the Morley College, London ... Friday 28 October-Wednesday 23 November 2016."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Morley College -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Art and the war -- Exhibitions.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Catalogs.World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works -- Exhibitions.
- Preface / Paul Liss
- "The colour and the peculiar feeling of events": the War Artists' Advisory Committee, 1939-1945 / Brian Foss
- Catalogue / Paul Liss
- War at sea
- Production-- Soldiers
- Air raids
- Appendices: Artists whose work appeared in the 8 War pictures by British artists books
- The WAAC's artists / Brian Foss
- Morley College during the war / Elaine Andrews
- ICI: portraits of an industry, prestige advertisements / Margaret Bear.