Childs, Adrienne L., The black figure in the European imaginary , 2017
- The black figure in the European imaginary / Adrienne L. Childs, Susan H. Libby ; with an introduction by David Bindman.
- Winter Park, Florida : The Cornell Fine Arts Museum, Rollins College ; London : in association with D Giles Limited, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN8232 .C59 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "With forty major loans, including paintings, engravings, lithographs, watercolors, sculpture, and decorative arts, this new volume studies the way in which the visual arts in Europe perceived, or imagined, the black figure during the "long" nineteenth century (ca.1750-1914)"-- Provided by publisher.
"This catalogue was published in conjunction with the exhibition The Black Figure in the European Imaginary, organized by the Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, and held there from January 14 to May 14, 2017."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- ART / Collections, Catalogs, Exhibitions / General.ART / Criticism & Theory.ART / Subjects & Themes / Human Figure.Art and society -- Europe -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Art and society.Art, European -- 19th century -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- Themes, motives.Blacks in art -- Exhibitions.Blacks in art.Europe.SOCIAL SCIENCE / Black Studies (Global)
- Exhibition catalogs.