Vanessa Bell , 
- Vanessa Bell / edited by Sarah Milroy & Ian A.C. Dejardin.
- London ; New York : Philip Wilson Publishers, 
- Physical Description:
- 202 pages : illustrations, portraits (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B3907 A12 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, from 8 February - 4 June 2017.
Includes bibliographical references.
This accompanying publication showcases the oil paintings, photographs, ceramics, fabrics, decorative screens and works on paper in a stunning display of her vibrant and wide-ranging talent. Long overshadowed by the complexity of her family life and romantic entanglements, the editors assess Bell in the context of her relationship with sister, Virginia Woolf, and as muse and confidant to Roger Fry and Duncan Grant but ultimately present an intrepid artist deserving of fresh consideration. Exhibition: Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, UK (08.02.-04.06.2017).
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, Vanessa, 1879-1961 -- Exhibitions.Modernism (Art) -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Painting, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.