A complete course of lithography: containing clear and explicit instructions in all the different branches and manners of that art: accompanied by illustrative specimens of drawings. To which is prefixed a history of lithography, from its origin to the present time. By Alois Senefelder. With a preface by Frederic von Schlichtegroll. Translated from the original German, by A. S.
- Additional Title(s):
Vollständiges Lehrbuch der Steindruckerey. English
- London, R. Ackermann, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii,  p., 2 ., 85 p., l l., -342,  p. 1 illus., 14 pl. (1 fold.) incl. col. front., port., facsims. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE2420 S5+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 116
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : "Printed by W. Clowes."
BAC : One plate after S. Prout; another after Callot.
- Subject Terms:
- Lithography -- History.Lithography -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
Senefelder, Alois, 1771-1834, A complete course of lithography, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.