We go the pace at Blackpool, [approximately 1914]
- We go the pace at Blackpool.
- Dundee; and London : Valentine & Sons, Ltd., [approximately 1914]
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : color illustrations ; 10 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B633 W44 1914 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Novelty postcard. Motorcar with movable flap which when raised reveals a folded sheet with views of Blackpool. Seated in the motorcar is a chauffeur and a woman.
"In our fine motor car we can go near and far, The sights of the country admiring; And we carry behind 'neath our motor confined the beauties we think most inspiring."
"Printed in Great Britain."
"Printed paper mailing novelty. Shape passed by the G.P.O. for printed paper postage rate."
"To open raise flap."
BAC: British Art Center copy completed in graphite on verso: From [L. Clark Ja Tommy] To: [Mrs Mauls. Glenarvon. Drumechapel. Dumbartonshire. Scotland]. Postmarked. Blackpool 5 pm. 5 My 14. Cancelled 1/2p stamp.
- Promenade S. Shore, Blackpool -- Storm at Blackpool -- Blackpool and North Pier -- Children paddling, Blackpool -- High tide, Blackpool -- The Pleasure Beach, Blackpool -- Indian Lounge, Winter Gardens, Blackpool -- Great storm at Blackpool -- Promenade N. Shore, Blackpool -- On the N. Pier Blackpool -- Storm at Blackpool -- Imperial Hydro, Blackpool.
- Subject Terms:
- Automobiles -- England.Blackpool (England) -- Pictorial works.Keepsakes -- England -- Blackpool -- 1914.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.