Whitstable in an oyster shell.
- Dundee; and London : Valentines & Sons, [approximately 1930]
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : color illustrations ; 10 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.W45 W458 1930 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Novelty postcard. Oyster shell on a beach with a movable flap which when raised reveals a folded paper with illustrations of Whitstable.
"To open raise flap."
"Printed paper mailing novelty. Shape passed by the G.P.O. for printed paper postage rate."
BAC: British Art Center coppy addressed to Mr. & Ms. Smart. Hotel Sallea. Cannes France with following message: Dear Ted and Elise, We are where the oysters come from. Sorry you are not here. From: "The workers" With cancelled 2p stamp. Postmark illegible.
- Subject Terms:
- Keepsakes -- England -- Whitstable -- 1930.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Whitstable (England) -- Pictorial works.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
- Coast Guard Station, Whitstable
- Tankerton Tower, Whitstable
- The Shrubbery, Whitstable
- All Saints Church, Whitstable
- Tankerton Beach, Whitstable
- Hotel & Shrubbery, Tankerton
- Whitstable Harbour
- High Street, Whitstable
- Wave Crest, Whitstable
- The Cliffs West, Tankerton
- Tankerton Road, Whitsable
- The Cliffs East, Tankerton.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.