Brave tars and glorious commanders : painting and performance in eighteenth-century Britain / Eleanor Hughes, Deputy Director for Art & Program at the Walters Art Museum.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 streaming video file (101 minutes))
- Reference LibraryIn ProcessAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Related Content:
- Video :
- Lecture presented at the Yale Center for British Art, Lecture Hall on September 14, 2016: "In this lecture, the curator Eleanor Hughes, Deputy Director for Art & Program at the Walters Art Museum, discusses the Center's new special exhibition 'Spreading Canvas: Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting'. The talk features theatrical readings directed by Glynis Rigsby, Yale School of Drama MFA '01, Chair, Acting for Film Program, New York Film Academy."
Mode of access: Internet.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Marine painting, British -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Yale Center for British Art.
YCBA Collections Search
Hughes, Eleanor, Brave tars and glorious commanders , 2016