A map of the Zoological Society Gardens in Regents Park commonly called The Zoo : first open'd to the public in 1828 and later containing "the most comprehensive assemblage of animated nature in the whole kingdom" : drawn by J.P. Sayer.
- Worcester; and London : Ebenezer Baylis, [approximately 1947]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet : color maps ; 42 x 28 cm, folded to 21 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL76.5.E52 L662 1947 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Reproduced by courtesy of the Strand Magazine."
Cover title which is surrounded by illustrations of various animals.
One folded sheet illustrated on both sides. Includes reproduction of illustrated map of the Zoological Society Gardens, a plan to the garden along with key, and general information about the zoo, feeding times, and catering faciliies.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- England -- London.Baylis, Ebenezer -- Publisher.Maps -- England -- London.Zoological Society of London -- Maps.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Zoological Society of London, A map of the Zoological Society Gardens in Regents Park commonly called The Zoo , [approximately 1947]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.