Black, Jonathan, 1969-, Winston Churchill in British art, 1900 to the present day , 2017
Winston Churchill in British art, 1900 to the present day : the titan with many faces / Jonathan Black.
- New York : Bloomsbury Academic, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 287 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryN7628.C54 B59 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Explores the public image of Churchill in visual art, from oil paintings to sculpture to political cartoons, including Churchill's complicity in the production of such images and his posthumous representations"-- Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965 -- Caricatures and cartoons.Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965 -- Influence.Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965 -- Portraits.Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965.HISTORY -- Europe -- Great Britain.HISTORY -- Military -- World War II.HISTORY -- Modern -- 20th Century.Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)Portraits, British.Portraits, British.
- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Machine generated contents note:
- First Age: Young Winston, 1898-1909
- Second Age: The Political Meteor, 1910-1915
- Third Age: From Disgrace to Redemption, 1916-1929
- Fourth Age: In the Wilderness, 1929-1939
- Fifth Age: Finest Hour, 1940-1945
- Sixth Age: Cold War Warrior, 1946-1955
- Seventh Age: Twilight Years and Apotheosis, 1955-1980s
- Epilogue: Churchill in the 21st Century.