True Nordic , 
True Nordic : how Scandinavia influenced design in Canada / curated by Rachel Gotlieb and Michael Prokopow.
- London : Black Dog Publishing Limited, 
- Physical Description:
- 127 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNK1413.A1 T78 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition "True Nordic: how Scandinavia influenced design in Canada held at the Gardiner Museum, October 13,2016 to January 8, 2017 and held at the New Brunswick Museum, March 3 to September 5, 2017 and at the Vancouver Art Gallery, October 21, 2017 to January 21, 2018"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (page 126).
- Subject Terms:
- Decorative arts -- Canada -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Decorative arts -- Canada -- History -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Design -- Canada -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Design -- Canada -- History -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Design -- Canada -- Scandinavian influences -- Exhibitions.Furniture design -- Canada -- History -- Exhibitions.
- Preface / Kelvin Browne
- Introduction / Rachel Gotlieb and Michael Prokopow
- Scandinavian design comes to Canada / Rachel Gotlieb
- Everything cold in new again: culture, the circumpolar, and identity in Canadian design, 1964 to the present / Michael Prokopow
- The influence of Scandinavian architecture and design on architecture in central Canada / George Baird
- The idea of north revisited: Nordic myths and modernisms / Mark Kingwell
- True Nordic: how Scandinavia influenced design in Canada: exhibition catalogue. Arrival and consequences 1925-1956. Exchange and adaptation 1956-1990. Persistent variations 1990-present.