Hockney, David, David Hockney , 2017
David Hockney : current / [Simon Maidment with Barbara Bolt, Li Bowen, Edith Devaney and Martin Gayford].
- London ; New York : Thames and Hudson, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 327 pages : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 A12 2017a (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "With 2,036 illustrations" -- title page.
Published for the exhibition of the same name held at the National Gallery of Victoria 11 November, 2016-13 March, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 322-323).
A landmark publication exploring the artist's output over the past decade. This important volume includes essays by Simon Maidment, Martin Gayford, Li Bowen, Barbara Bolt and Edith Devaney, as well as a selection of David Hockney's extraordinary works. The book reflects Hockney's insatiable curiosity, a life's work based on risk-taking and experimentation. It will appeal to those familiar with David Hockney and inspire those new to his practice.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Art, British.Art, Modern -- 21st century.Art, Modern.Artists -- Great Britain.Artists.Computerkunst.Great Britain.Hockney, David -- Exhibitions.Hockney, David, 1937-Hockney, David.Malerei.Painting, British -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Painting, British.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- David Hockney: current / Simon Maidment
- Selected iPhone and iPad drawings
- David Hockney: in conversation / Li Bowen
- David Hockney: radical traditionalist / Martin Gayford
- Arrival of spring
- David Hockney: from photography to drawing and back / Barbara Bolt
- Photographic drawings and multipoint perspective
- Where do I end and they begin? / Edith Devaney
- Catalogue raisonne: iPhone and iPad drawings
- Acknowledgements and contributors.