Hockney, David, David Hockney , 2017
David Hockney : current / [Simon Maidment with Barbara Bolt, Li Bowen, Edith Devaney and Martin Gayford].
- London ; New York : Thames and Hudson, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 327 pages : color illustrations ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 A12 2017a (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "With 2,036 illustrations" -- title page.
Published for the exhibition of the same name held at the National Gallery of Victoria 11 November, 2016-13 March, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 322-323).
A landmark publication exploring the artist's output over the past decade. This important volume includes essays by Simon Maidment, Martin Gayford, Li Bowen, Barbara Bolt and Edith Devaney, as well as a selection of David Hockney's extraordinary works. The book reflects Hockney's insatiable curiosity, a life's work based on risk-taking and experimentation. It will appeal to those familiar with David Hockney and inspire those new to his practice.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Art, British.Art, Modern -- 21st century.Art, Modern.Artists -- Great Britain.Artists.Computerkunst.Great Britain.Hockney, David -- Exhibitions.Hockney, David, 1937-Hockney, David.Malerei.Painting, British -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Painting, British.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- David Hockney: current / Simon Maidment
- Selected iPhone and iPad drawings
- David Hockney: in conversation / Li Bowen
- David Hockney: radical traditionalist / Martin Gayford
- Arrival of spring
- David Hockney: from photography to drawing and back / Barbara Bolt
- Photographic drawings and multipoint perspective
- Where do I end and they begin? / Edith Devaney
- Catalogue raisonne: iPhone and iPad drawings
- Acknowledgements and contributors.