In affectionate remembrance of Fanny, the beloved daughter of John and Elizabeth Ann Young : who died November 12th, 1875, aged 1 years and 11 months : and was interred at Bolsover Church, November 15th.
- England 1875.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed card : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .Y68 1875 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Memorial card in remembrance of Fanny Young. Black card. The text is printed letterpress, framed by embossed Gothic tracery, against a black background.
"Rest my babe in silent slumber, Rest upon they Saviour's breast, Jesus gave thee, Jesus took thee, Thou are an angel gone to rest."
BAC: British Art Center copy with inscription on verso: John Young, Bolsover.
- Subject Terms:
- Children -- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Young, Fanny, -1875.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
YCBA Collections Search
In affectionate remembrance of Fanny, the beloved daughter of John and Elizabeth Ann Young , 1875
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.