IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
In affectionate remembrance of Elizabeth, the beloved wife of Thomas Clarke , 1868
In affectionate remembrance of Elizabeth, the beloved wife of Thomas Clarke : who died January 17, 1868 : aged 41 years.
- England, 1868.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embossed card : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .C534 1868 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Memorial card for Elizabeth Clarke. Cream card with black edge. Text is printed letterpress framed by embossed and cut paper Gothic tracery.
"Farewell dear Husband I'm gone before, My love to you can be no more, No grief nor sorrow for me to take; but love my childen for my sake."
- Subject Terms:
- Clarke, Elizabeth, -1868.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.