National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain), 100 portraits , 
100 portraits / National Portrait Gallery.
- Additional Title(s):
One hundred portraits
- London : National Portrait Gallery Publications, 
- Physical Description:
- 176 pages : illustrations (mostly color), portraits (mostly color) ; 15 cm
- Reference LibraryND1314 .N38 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The collections of the National Portrait Gallery, which consist of more than 11,000 paintings, sculptures and works on paper and over a quarter of a million photographs, provide a fascinating commentary on British history and culture, addressing questions of identity and achievement and promoting engagement with portraiture in all media. With an introduction from the Gallery's Director, this book provides an insight into the most extensive collection of portraits in the world and the influential sitters and artists within it, from the remarkable survivors of the Tudor period to the familiar faces of our own time. 100 Portraits presents a selection of images of significant individuals who have shaped the last four centuries of British life, from Anne Boleyn to David Beckham, from William Shakespeare to J.K. Rowling, portrayed by artists as diverse as Joshua Reynolds, Andy Warhol and IdaKar. Each image is accompanied by an extended caption with key information on the sitter and the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain.National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain)National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain) -- Catalogs.National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain) -- Guidebooks.National Portrait Gallery (London)Portraits -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Portraits, British -- Catalogs.Portraits, British.Portraits.
- Tudor portraits
- Stuart portraits
- Georgian portraits
- Victorian and Edwardian portraits
- Twentieth-century portraits
- Contemporary portraits.