Walters, Evelyn, 1939-, The Beaver Hall Group and its legacy , 
- The Beaver Hall Group and its legacy / Evelyn Walters.
- Toronto : Dundurn, 
- Physical Description:
- 180 pages : color illustrations ; 26 x 26 cm
- Reference LibraryND248 .W35 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-170) and indexes.
"An exploration of the lives and works of the Beaver Hall Group and the network of women artists that arose from it. Founded in 1920, the group was in the vanguard of bringing Modernism to Canada, and its female members (unlike the Group of Seven, the Beaver Hall Group included women) now rank among the country's most outstanding painters."-- Provided by publisher.
Issued also in electronic format.
- Subject Terms:
- Beaver Hall Group (Group of artists)Beaver Hall Group (Group of artists)Beaver Hall Group (Group of artists) -- Influence.Canada.Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)Modernism (Art) -- Canada.Modernism (Art) -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal.Painting, Canadian -- 20th century.Painting, Canadian -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal -- 20th century.Painting, Canadian.Québec -- Montréal.Women painters -- Canada.Women painters -- Québec (Province) -- Montréal.Women painters.