Design bindings : a retrospective = Reliures d'art : une rétrospective / Don Etherington.
- Additional Title(s):
- New Castle : Oak Knoll Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 96 pages : illustrations (chiefy color) ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ276 .E84 2016+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
"A catalogue and appreciation of Etherington's achievements over a long and distinguished career, printed for the occasion of a retrospective exhibition at HEC Montreal, May-September 2016. Includes introductory words by Don Etherington, Jonathan Tremblay (President of ARA Canada), and Maureen Clapperton, and an essay by John MacKrell. In addition to color illustrations and descriptions of the bindings in the exhibition, the catalogue also shows bindings not in the exhibition, as well as custom bindings by friends, students, and colleagues for his earlier book Book binding and conservation. A sixty year odyssey of art and craft."--Publisher's description.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinders -- History.Bookbinding -- History.Bookbinding industry -- History.Exhibitions -- Canada -- Montreal -- Catalogs.Fine bindings.
- Exhibition catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.