House style : five centuries of fashion at Chatsworth / Laura Burlington & Hamish Bowles.
- Additional Title(s):
Five centuries of fashion at Chatsworth
- New York : Skira Rizzoli Publications in association with Chatsworth, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 205 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryGT1760 .B87 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition House Style: Five Centuries of Fashion at Chatsworth, organised by and presented at Chatsworth, 25 March to 22 October 2017."--Colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Cavendish family -- Clothing -- Exhibitions.Cavendish family -- Homes and haunts -- Exhibitions.Chatsworth (England) -- Exhibitions.
- Foreword / The Duke of Devonshire
- Preface : Stitches in time : exploring the Cavendish clothes / The Countess of Burlington
- Dressing the Devonshires / Hamish Bowles
- The Empress of Fashion : Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire, 1757-1806 / Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell
- The Devonshire House ball / Sophia Topley
- Mitford style / Charlotte Mosley
- Grandeur, sentiment and individuality : the Cavendish jewels, 1547-2017 / Diana Scarisbrick
- A contemporary portrait : Stella, Amanda and Laura / Sarah Mower.