The bindings of Trevor Jones / foreword by Pauline Jones ; introduction by Mirjam M. Foot.
- Foss : Duval & Hamilton, 2015
- Physical Description:
- 160 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ269.3.W55 B56 2015+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blue-green cloth; with dust jacket.
This illustrated catalogue of 147 designer bindings by Trevor Jones (1931 - 2012) was largely compiled from the binder's own records. The entries, which cover nearly 50 years of bindings, include photos of each book, author and title information, a description of the binding itself, and comments Jones added in his Binder's Note. Jones was a highly innovative binder, not only in his approach to the binding he was working on and its relationship to the text, but in his use of materials. The descriptions include details of these materials, and a glossary gives definitions of these and other binder's terms. Three articles by Jones, "New Directions, or No Direction? British fine binding design in the second half of the 20th century;" "Confessions of an Unrepentant Designer Bookbinder;" and "Extending the Options: the Use of Spirit Leather Dyes in Bookbinding Design," complete this book. With a foreword by Pauline Jones and an introduction by Mirjam Foot.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinders -- History -- 20th century.Bookbinders.Bookbinding.Duval & Hamilton -- Publisher.Fine bindings -- History -- 20th century.Fine bindings.Jones, Trevor, 1931-2012.
- Foreword / Pauline Jones
- Trevor Jones: Designer Bookbinder / Mirjam M. Foot
- Catalogue of Bindings 1954-2003
- Glossary of Bookbinding Terms / compiled by Angela James
- Three articles by Trevor Jones: New Directions, or No Direction? British fine binding design in the second half of the 20th century; Confessions of an Unrepentant Designer Bookbinder; and Extending the Options: the Use of Spirit Leather Dyes in Bookbinding Design
- Trevor's Miniature Books
- Catalogue Index.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.