Entered into rest, Jane, the faithful and loving wife of William Richard Simmons and the tender mother of her children : at The Laurels, Bowdon, Cheshire : at five minutes past eleven in the evening of Friday the 31st August 1888 : in the 68th year of her age, in the presence of all her family, to whom she spoke in words of yearning affection to the last.
- England, 1888.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded card : letterpress ; 80 x 120 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3390 .S56 1888 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Memorial card in remembrance of Jane Simmons. Cream card with silver border. Botanical illustration on front cover.
"The interment took place on the Monday following, in Bowdon Churchyard."
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Simmons, Jane, -1888.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Chromolithographs -- 1888.
YCBA Collections Search
Entered into rest, Jane, the faithful and loving wife of William Richard Simmons and the tender mother of her children , 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.