Paolozzi, Eduardo, 1924-2005, Eduardo Paolozzi , 2017
Eduardo Paolozzi / editor, Daniel F. Herrmann.
- Additional Title(s):
- London, [England] : Whitechapel Gallery, 2017.
New York, [New York] : Artbook/D.A.P.
- Physical Description:
- 288 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.P22 A12 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Published to accompany the title exhibition held at Whitechapel Gallery, London, February 16-May 14, 2017 and at Berlinische Galerie, Berlin, February 2-June 18, 2018.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 281-283).
"Eduardo Paolozzi" : February 16-May 14, 2017, Whitechapel Gallery, London, England, United Kingdom.
"Eduardo Paolozzi" : February 2-June 18, 2018, Berlinische Galerie, Berlin, Germany.
"Eduardo Paolozzi (1924-2005) was one of the most innovative and irreverent British artists of the 20th century. Considered the 'godfather' of Pop Art', his powerful sculptures, prints and collages challenged mid-century British modernism by drawing on mass culture, science fiction and industrial design. Accompanying the first major international retrospective of Paolozzi's work since 1975, this publication presents a fresh and comprehensive overview of his work, highlighting not only his unique position as one of Britain's most dynamic, versatile and pugilistic artists, but also the relevance of his work today." --Publisher's description.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and Design.Art and Design.Art, Modern -- 20th century.Art, Scottish -- Great Britain -- Scotland -- 20th century.Paolozzi, Eduardo, 1924-2005 -- Exhibitions.Paolozzi, Eduardo, 1924-2005.Paolozzi, Eduardo, 1924-2005.