Flaming June : the making of an icon / text by Susan Galassi, Patrick Monahan, Pablo Pérez d'Ors, Elizabeth Prettejohn, Daniel Robbins ; editor Catherine Blake.
- London : Published by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Leighton House Museum, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 104 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.L531 A12 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Leighton House Museum, November 4, 2016 - April 2, 2017 and organised in collaboration with the Museo de Arte de Ponce, Puerto Rico.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 96-99) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Leighton of Stretton, Frederic Leighton, Baron, 1830-1896. Flaming June -- Exhibitions.
- Introductory essays: 'Flaming June', a Victorian masterpiece / Pablo Perez d'Ors
- Leighton's path to 'Flaming June' / Susan Grace Galassi
- Leighton's last academy / Elizabeth Prettejohn
- 'No weakness or wavering': Leighton at work, 1894-1895 / Daniel Robbins
- 'Flaming June': the accidental icon / Patrick Monahan
- Leighton's late models / Daniels Robbins.