IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
A visit to the exhibition , [approximately 1855]
A visit to the exhibition : in eight changeable pictures, showing its beautiful objects of art and how they were made.
- London : Dean & Son, Pub. 11, Ludgate Hill, London, [approximately 1855]
- Physical Description:
- 8 leaves : 8 color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ1033.T68 V57 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- The wood-engraved illustrations are signed "Harrison" -- perhaps Henry Harrison, active 1842-1888.
Date of publication from Gumuchian.
"Sculpture, pottery, jewellery, carved work, glass metal work, silk fabrics, machinery."--Foot of cover.
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 5759
With publisher's advertisements on back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
For each of the eight changeable pictures, the picture of the object of display yields (via a pull tab) to an illustration of the means by which the object is made.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Illustrated children's books.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.