M. Stanley's drawing book.
- Edinburgh : Hill, [1841?]
Edinburgh : Printed by S. Leith.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all illustrations ; 26 x 33 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.S73 M67 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Leaf  (untitled) is dated 1841.
Plates have imprint: "Pubd. by Alex. Hill, 67 Princes St., Edinr. Printed by S. Leith, Edinr."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark green cloth, stamped in gold.
Lithographs of rural scenery and coastal views, by Montague Stanley. Captioned scenes include mention of Seatoller, Gorge of Borrodale, Grassmere Lake, Tor Achilly (Rosshire), Conway Castle, Pooley Bridge (Ulswater), Loch Crinnan (Argyleshire), Loch Long (Argyleshire), Rothsay Pier (Bute), High Church (Rothsay), and Festinioge (North Wales).
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Hill, Alexander -- Publisher.Landscape drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Lithographs -- 1841.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.