The Philosophy Chamber : Art and Science in Harvard's Teaching Cabinet, 1766-1820 / edited by Ethan W. Lasser ; with contributions by Aleksandr Bierig, Anne Driesse, Katherine Eremin, Andrew Gelfand, Claire Grech, Teri Hensick, Jane Kamensky, Ethan W. Lasser, Georgina Rayner, Jennifer L. Roberts, Whitney Barlow Robles, Maria Dolores Sanchez-Jauregui, Tony Sigel, Kate Smith, Lucie Steinberg, and Oliver Wunsch.
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Art Museums, 
New Haven : Distributed by Yale University Press
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 284 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryLD2155 .P49 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This publication accompanies the exhibition The Philosophy Chamber: Art and Science in Harvard's Teaching Cabinet, 1766-1820, on view at the Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, Massachusetts, from May 19 through December 31, 2017, and at The Hunterian, University of Glasgow, Scotland, in 2018."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-274) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art museums.College museums -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge -- Exhibitions.College museums.Harvard University -- Art collections -- History -- Exhibitions.Harvard University -- Natural history collections -- History -- Exhibitions.Harvard University.Massachusetts -- Cambridge.Natural history.
- Exhibition catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
The Philosophy Chamber ,