McLoughlin Bros., publishers of toy books & juvenile books : manufacturers of paper dolls, games, building and abc blocks, valentines, &c.
- Keene, New Hampshire : Antique Toy Collectors of America, 1985.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ478.3.N7 M35 1985 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "We would respectfully call your attention to our New catalogue of toy books, games ... Having found so great a demand for our valentines put up in assorted lots, we concluded to put up our toy books, games, &c., also, in small and large lots, suitable to every class of trade"--Notice, p. , bearing the address 71 & 73 Duane St.
Imprint statement taken from the statement at foot of title page: On all orders accompanied with cash, a discount of ten per cent. allowed. Send your orders direct to McLoughlin Bros., 73 Duane St., New York.
Includes a wood engraving of the cover design for Mother Goose's melodies set to music, page . This design is signed by engraver Edward P. Cogger. Also contains a pictorial design advertising the game The magic mirror or Wonderful transformations, page . Both designs are printed in color.
"McLoughlin Brothers' Catalog from the collection of Grace and Roy Olsen reproduced for the spring 1985 Antique Toy Collectors of America. Keene, New Hampshire meeting."
- Subject Terms:
- Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.McLoughlin Bros. -- Catalogs.
- Publishers' catalogs -- New York (State) -- New York.
Advertisements -- Paper dolls.
Advertisements -- Blocks (Toys)
Advertisements -- Games.
Advertisements -- Puzzles.
YCBA Collections Search
McLoughlin Bros., publishers of toy books & juvenile books , 1985
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.