IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Raftery, Andrew, 1962-, The autobiography of a garden , 2016
The autobiography of a garden : on twelve engraved plates / by Andrew Raftery ; thoughts by Cary Liebowitz.
- [Providence] : Andrew Raftery, 2016.
New York, NY : Available through Ryan Lee Gallery
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations, portraits ; 29 x 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6537.R233 A4 2016+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of the authorView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "The autobiography of a garden is a set of twelve plates by Andrew Raftery. Based on drawings and paintings of the artist working in his garden during the twelve months of the calendar year, the images were engraved on copperplates. From copper they were printed onto special decals that were then applied to the twelve earthenware plates, 12.5 inches in diameter, designed by the artist to receive the images. Each month is identified on the reverse by an engraved backstamp. The plates were produced at the Rhode Island School of Design between 2012 and 2016 in an edition of 80. They were first exhibited from September through November 2016 at the Ryan Lee Gallery in New York City."--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Gardens in art.Months in art.Plates (Tableware) -- United States -- 21st century.Raftery, Andrew, 1962-
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.