Decorative papers / J. & J. Jeffery.
- [Edinburgh, Scotland] : [Jane and John Jeffery], [approximately 2010]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8553.5 .J44 2010+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and statement of responsibility from spine. Statement of responsibility precedes title on spine.
Limited to an edition of five, each with a unique set of papers.
Bound by John Jeffery in half navy goatskin; board wrapped in hand-colored floral paper; gilt titling on spine; gilt floral endpapers.
A sample book of paper designed and linocut by Jane Jeffery and printed, colored, and gilded in collaboration with her husband, John Jeffery. The couple has employed techniques such as paste papers, Dutch gilt, block prints, and hand-coloring. Base papers utilized include, plain, brown cartridge paper, sheet music, and 18th and 19th century printed and manuscript pages.
- Subject Terms:
- Decorative paper -- Specimens.J. & J. Jeffery (Firm)
- Sample books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.