Hakewill, James, 1778-1843, A picturesque tour of the island of Jamaica , 1990
A picturesque tour of the island of Jamaica / by James Hakewill.
- Kingston, Jamaica : Mill Press ; San Francisco : Custom & Ltd. Editions, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- , 13,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 44 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2017 11Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Valerie FaceyAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Reprint. Originally published: London : Hurst and Robinson, 1825.
Publisher's note: Maurice William Facey. Foreword: David Boxer. James Hakewill: Biographical sketch: B.W. Higman.
"This edition is limited to five hundred copies of which 100 are bound in full leather and 400 in half-leather with marbled paper."
BAC: British Art Center copy is a presentation copy, bound in red half-leather. In original red slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Jamaica -- Description and travel.Jamaica -- Pictorial works.Jamaica.Mill Press, -- Publisher.Travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.