- Additional Title(s):
Superior dissected maps by W. Peacock. Scotland
- Edinburgh : Gall & Inglis, Bernard Terrace, Edinburgh & 25 Paternoster Square, London, [between 1901 and 1909?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (63 pieces) : paper on wood, hand colored ; map 37 x 30 cm, puzzle 43 x 35 cm, in box 26 x 21 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5771.S1 P43 1893 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:1,584,000.
- A wooden jig-saw puzzle in sixty-three pieces from a map published by Gall & Inglis.
"Hamley's Ltd. London, Paris & Nuremburg ..."--Box lid. The box includes addresses for Hamley's stores at 86 & 87 High Holborn, but not 231 High Holborn. This probably places the date of the puzzle to after 1901, when the store at 231 High Holborn was destroyed by fire. Gall & Inglis were active at 25 Paternoster Row from 1875 to 1909.
BAC: British Art Center copy appears to be complete. Placed In original illustrated varnished wood box with sliding lid. Accompanied by 2 color photographs of the completed map and a pen and ink diagram of the map.
- Subject Terms:
- Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.Scotland -- Maps.
- Jigsaw puzzles.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1901-1909.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.