H. Coates & Sons, Guinness Festival Clock, Gt. Yarmouth, [approximately 1954]
Guinness Festival Clock, Gt. Yarmouth.
- Wisbech : H. Coates & Sons, [approximately 1954]
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : black and white ; 14 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB466.G7 G853 1954 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The first Guiness clock, designed by Jan Lewitt and George Him and manufactured by Baume and Co, was produced by for the 1951 Festival of Britain. It was subsequently moved to Great Yarmouth.
"A real photograph."
- Subject Terms:
- Clocks.Festival of Britain (1951 : Great Britain)Guinness (Firm)Postcards -- Specimens.
- Photographic postcards.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.