Swaine & Adeney (Firm : London, England), Swaine & Co's sudoreffugient, [approximately 1850]
- Swaine & Co's sudoreffugient.
- England, [approximately 1850]
- Physical Description:
-  page ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309.9 .S93 1850 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Advertisement for the Sudoreffugient, a horse cloth used for grooming.
"The great advantage of this horse cloth consists in its excellent quality of enabling a horse to get gradually cool and dry after hard work, in one half the time in which it can be accomplished by rubbing. The sudoreffugient effects this by allowing a free escape of the moist hear of the body, which is retained by a woolen blanket; and it also prevents the breaking out into a cold sweat, so common to horses after being ridden or driven hard. Manufactured by Swaine & Adeney, Whip Manufacturers to the Queen, 185, Piccadilly, London, and sold by all respectable saddlers."
On verso: Extract from the Sporting Magazine. "The Sudoreffugient."
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- England -- London -- 19th century.Advertising fliers -- England -- London.Horsemanship -- Equipment and supplies.Horses -- Equipment and supplies.Swaine & Adeney (Firm : London, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.