IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Vyner, Robert T. (Robert Thomas), 1804-1879, Notitia venatica , 1847
Notitia venatica : a treatise on fox-hunting. Embracing the general management of hounds and the diseases of dogs ...
- A new ed. / revised, corrected, and enlarged ; by Robert T. Vyner ...
- London : Published by Rudolph Ackermann, at his Eclipse sporting gallery, 101, Regent-street, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- iv p., 2 l., [vii]-ix p., 1 l., 172 p. : col. front. (port.) illus., 8 col. pl., plan. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2352Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 179
BEIN Uzn62 847v: Ackermann's advertisements: 8 p. at end, and 2 l. pasted inside front and back covers. Original red cloth, gilt.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Octavo. Original straight-grain morocco-grain red cloth; blind stamped on front and back covers; gold lettering on front cover, gold lettering and gold hunting design on spine, pictorial stamping on front and back covers. Untrimmed. Publisher's binding was cased by Remnant & Edmonds, London, whose binder's label is pasted on back pastedown endpaper. Frontispiece, title-page, errata note, 8 plates of two-tone lithographs, 1 plate of an engraving, 1 plate of an wood-engraving, 3 wood-engravings in text, publisher's ads. Pasted to front and back pastedown endpapers are slips with printed publisher's ads. Spine height: 9 5/8 inches.
Most of the plates are by Henry Alken.
- Subject Terms:
- Dogs -- Diseases.Dogs -- Pedigrees.Fox hunting.Hounds.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.