- [Newfoundland] : [publisher not identied], 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 1 envelope : color illustrations ; 10 x 17 cm, in envelope 15 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1034 .N49 1939 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas Strong, Yale MFA 1967View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Envelope addressed to Miss. E. Holland, 10 Brien Sreet, St. John's, Newfoundland. Affixed with a 5 cent cancelled stamp with images of King George and Queen Elizabeth. Stamped cancelled 17 June 1939. Royal Landing. Holyrood.
Envelope is illustrated with images of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. Text is printed in blue and red: "First Day Cover. Newfoundland. Commemorating the visit of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the first ever made to Britain's Oldest Colony by a reigning monarch, June 17th, 1939." Envelope is attached and visible through large mylar window to a larger white envelope: Newfoundland Cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- History -- 1914-1945.Elizabeth, Queen, consort of George VI, King of Great Britain, 1900-2002 -- Travel -- Canada.George VI, King of Great Britain, 1895-1952 -- On postage stamps.George VI, King of Great Britain, 1895-1952 -- Travel -- Canada.Visits of state -- Canada -- 1939.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.