Newfoundland resource set of 14.
- Newfoundland : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1935-1939]
- Physical Description:
-  postage stamps : color ; sheet 9 x 15 cm and 1 envelope ; 11 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1122 .N49 1935 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas Strong, Yale MFA 1967View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- 14 color stamps placed on black backing card placed in a cellophane pocket. Stamps are in denominations of 1 to 48 cents. Cellophane pocket placed in larger white envelope with cellophane window through which stamps are visible. Title printed in black above cellophane window.
4 stamps feature illustrations of King George VI, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Elizabeth, and Queen Mary. The remaining 10 stamps feature scenes from Newfoundland and animals.
- Subject Terms:
- George VI, King of Great Britain, 1895-1952 -- On postage stamps.Newfoundland -- Pictorial works.Postage stamps -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Royal family -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.