Rukovodstvo kʺ risovanīi︠u︡ akvarelʹi︠u︡ ili vodi︠a︡nymi kraskami bezʺ pomoshchi uchiteli︠a︡ / sostavilʺ A.M. ; sʺ 9-i︠u︡ raskrashennymi tablit︠s︡ami.
- Sanktpeterburgʺ : Vʺ tipografīi Glavnago Shtaba Ego Imperatorskago Velichestva po Voenno-Uchebnym" Zavedenīi︠a︡mʺ, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- , IV, , 132 pages, , 5 leaves of plates ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2420.M37 R8 1857Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With 108 hand-colored color samples on four lithographed plates bound in the text, and 59 color samples on five folding plates bound at the end--the latter labelled in Russian, French, and English
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter red roan.
First and only edition of this Russian guide to watercolor and watercolor painting. Maslov responded to the demand by amateur artists for an easily accessible guide to watercolor painting and introduces his readers to basic techniques of drawing and painting, explains perspective, color harmony and various techniques of mixing colors.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Study and teaching.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Maslov, Aleksandr, Rukovodstvo kʺ risovanīi︠u︡ akvarelʹi︠u︡ ili vodi︠a︡nymi kraskami bezʺ pomoshchi uchiteli︠a︡ , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.