A practical guide during a journey from London to Paris : with a correct description of all the objects deserving of notice in the French metropolis : illustrated with maps and useful tables.
- London : Printed for R. Phillips, no. 71, St. Paul's Church-Yard ..., 1802.
[London] : Printed by Lewis and Co., Paternoster-Row
- Physical Description:
- 185,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, maps, plans ; 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC708 .P73 1802Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps engraved by Samuel John Neele and T. Foot.
Includes publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary sheep.
"The following pages have been compiled by a gentleman lately resident in Paris, partly from his own notes and observations, and partly from modern guides to Paris ... His object has been to compress into a small compass, every fact which can be useful to his numerous countrymen, who may be tempted to visit that gay metropolis, in consequence of the wonderful events of which it has lately been the scene, and of the restraint which a war of ten years has imposed upon their curiosity.”--Page .
- Subject Terms:
- Lewis and Co. -- Printer.Paris (France) -- Guidebooks.Paris (France) -- Maps.
- France -- Maps.
Engravings -- 1802.
- Plates: Map of Paris
- Roads from London to Paris
- National Institute
- Gallery of antiques in the Louvre
- Conservative Senate
- Map of the Republic.