Chapman, Hilary, Yoshijiro Urushibara , 
- Yoshijiro Urushibara : a Japanese printmaker in London : a catagloue raisonné / Hilary Chapman and Libby Horner.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Japanese printmaker in London
- Leiden : Hotei Publishing, 
- Physical Description:
- 206 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Ur86 C43 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essay by Rebecca Salter.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 203-205) and index.
This publication is a catalogue raisonné of the work of Urushibara Yoshijiro (1889-1953), who came to London at the age of twenty-one. During his thirty years in Europe he produced a remarkable number of prints and played a major role in encouraging the production and appreciation of the colour woodcut in the Japanese manner. His most famous and successful collaboration was with Frank Brangwyn (1867-1956) and throughout his career Urushibara contributed to the cross-cultural flowing between European and Japanese art at the beginning of the twentieth century.
- Subject Terms:
- Prints, Japanese -- 20th century -- Catalogs.Urushibara, Yoshijiro, 1889-1953 -- Catalogues raisonnés.