St. John Ambulance Association, The triangular bandage , [circa 1915?]
The triangular bandage / St. John Ambulance Association.
- [London] : [St. John Ambulance Association], [circa 1915?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( pages) ; 27 x 21 cm
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- An example of the St. John Ambulance Association triangular bandage is also present in the collections. See link herewith.
Signed, page : "John Furley, Honorary Director of Stores, St. John's Gate, Clerkenwell, London, E.C." Furley (1836-1919) was one of the founders of the St. John Ambulance Association, in 1877.
The words "St. John Ambulance Association" appear above the title.
Instruction for use of the triangular (or "Esmarch") bandage -- which was itself printed with illustrations on proper use. The present sheet includes concise instructions on bandaging wounds of the scalp, jaw, eyes, shoulder, upper arm, fore arm, chest, hand, hip, foot, limb, and collar bone.
- Subject Terms:
- Bandages and bandaging.First aid in illness and injury.St. John Ambulance Association.World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.