The history of the American Indians : particularly those nations adjoining to the Missis[s]ippi, East and West Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina, and Virginia: containing an account of their origin, language, manners, religious and civil customs, laws, form of government, punishments, conduct in war and domestic life, their habits, diet, agriculture, manufactures, diseases and method of cure ... : with observations on former historians, the conduct of our colony governors, superintendents, missionaries, & c. : also an appendix, containing a description of the Floridas, and the Missis[s]ippi lands, with their productions--the benefits of colonizing Georgiana, and civilizing the Indians--and the way to make all the colonies more valuable to the mother country ... / By James Adair.
- London : Printed for E. and C. Dilly, 1775.
- Physical Description:
- 6 p. l., 464 p. front. (fold map) 28 x 22cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAmVa 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy: 1/4 tan calf, marbled boards; untrimmed. Folding map. Spine height: 11 7/8 inches (red morocco label: ADAIR'S HIST. OF AMERICAN INDIANS). Ex-Libris: Nil Conscire Sibi.
- Subject Terms:
- Florida -- Description and travel.Gulf States -- Description and travel.Indians -- Origin.Indians -- U.S. Southern States.Indians of North America -- Southern States.Indians of North America.
YCBA Collections Search
Adair, James, ca. 1709-1783, The history of the American Indians , 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.