Chubb's drawing book, and artists' assistant : illustrated with nearly sixty well-executed copper plate engravings of the human figure.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Printed and published by W.P. Chubb, 7, Fetter Lane, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 77,  pages,  leaves of plates (in various foliations) : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC590 .C48 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The text is copied liberally from other sources, especially William Enfield's The young artist's assistant.
The plates are preceded by a section title page: Elements of designing the human figure by S.L. Clerc.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter red leather and red boards. Signed in manuscript multiple times by Henry Charles Kendall, 1826.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Figure drawing -- Technique.Kendall, Henry Charles -- Autographer.
- Drawing books.
Engravings -- 1824.
Etchings -- 1824.
- Human figure
- Principles of the art
- Landscape painting
- Portrait painting