Peacock, W. (William), -1910, Peacock's improved double dissection , [between 1875 and 1909]
Peacock's improved double dissection : geography and history : Europe.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on map: Europe
- [London] : [W. Peacock], [between 1875 and 1909]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (63 pieces) : paper on wood, hand colored ; puzzle 36 x 48 cm, in box 5 x 20 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5700 .P43 1875 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:13,192,640. 224 miles to 1 inch.
- Title from lid of box.
Double-sided jigsaw puzzle. The image on one side bears: Europe [map]. Gall & Inglis, Edinburgh & London, 25 Paternoster Square. On the other: Kings and Queens of England. William Peacock, manufacturer and publisher, London.
Numbered "4" in top right corner.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: lacks at least one piece (territories adjacent to the Adriatic Sea).
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Maps.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Great Britain -- History -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers v Pictorial works.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Jigsaw puzzles.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.